2G case: Recording of accused`s statement fixed for March 3
New Delhi: A special court hearing the second generation (2G) spectrum case Monday fixed March 3 for recording of statement of the accused, including of former union communications minister A. Raja.
The special court of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) judge O.P. Saini will March 3 start recording the statements of Raja and DMK MP Kanimozhi, who are accused in the case.
The court Nov 27 concluded recording of statements of 153 people running into 4,400 pages, who were examined as prosecution witnesses. It had earlier scheduled Jan 20 for commencement of recording of statements of accused, but since questionnaires were not ready, more time was sought.
Attorney General G.E. Vahanvati; former additional private secretary to Raja, Aseervatham Achary; Telecom Regulatory Authority of India ex-chairman Nripendra Misra; former Indian corporate lobbyist Niira Radia; former deputy director general (access services), Department of Telecommunication A.K. Srivastava; former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) govenor D. Subbarao; DMK chief M. Karunanidhi`s wife Dayalu Ammal; Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group chairman Anil Ambani and his wife Tina Ambani were among the CBI witnesses who deposed before the court.
The court Nov 11, 2011 started the daily trial, after accepting the CBI plea and framing graft and other charges against 17 accused, including Raja and DMK MP Kanimozhi.
The special court was set up last year on the direction of the Supreme Court.
According to the government auditor, Raja was biased while distributing 2G mobile airwaves and operating licences to telecom firms, causing a loss of up to Rs.1.76 lakh crore in revenue to the treasury.
All the accused, including Raja, are out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information