2G case: Reliance ADAG official deposes as witness
New Delhi: A 2G case witness on Monday failed to
recollect in a Delhi court if he had told CBI that he had not
deposited in bank a cheque issued to him by Tiger Traders Pvt
Ltd, an alleged associate of Reliance ADA Group, on orders of
group`s Senior Vice President and accused Hari Nair.
Reliance Powers` Deputy General Manager Paresh Rathod, in
his earlier statement to CBI, had said he had resigned as one
of the directors of Swan Capital Pvt Ltd on Nair`s orders but
he failed to recollect the same today in the court.
"I do not remember if I had told the investigating
officer (IO) that Dinesh Modi and myself resigned as directors
for Swan Capital (P) Limited on January 22, 2007 on the asking
of Hari Nair, other company secretary....
"I do not remember if I had told the IO that the cheque
of Tiger Traders (P) Ltd was not deposited by me on the asking
of Hari Nair," Rathod, testifying as a prosecution witness,
told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
Rathod deposed in the court today that he had resigned as
the Director of Swan Capital Pvt Ltd and Tiger Traders Pvt Ltd
on the asking of his senior colleague Ramesh Shenoy.
This, however, led the CBI prosecutor to cross-examine
Rathod saying "the witness was resiling from his earlier
During the cross-examination, Rathod failed to remember
if he had told CBI that he had resigned as one of the
directors of Swan Capital Pvt Ltd on January 22, 2007, on the
asking of Nair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly