2G case: Reliance ADAG official deposes as witness
New Delhi: A 2G case witness on Monday failed to
recollect in a Delhi court if he had told CBI that he had not
deposited in bank a cheque issued to him by Tiger Traders Pvt
Ltd, an alleged associate of Reliance ADA Group, on orders of
group`s Senior Vice President and accused Hari Nair.
Reliance Powers` Deputy General Manager Paresh Rathod, in
his earlier statement to CBI, had said he had resigned as one
of the directors of Swan Capital Pvt Ltd on Nair`s orders but
he failed to recollect the same today in the court.
"I do not remember if I had told the investigating
officer (IO) that Dinesh Modi and myself resigned as directors
for Swan Capital (P) Limited on January 22, 2007 on the asking
of Hari Nair, other company secretary....
"I do not remember if I had told the IO that the cheque
of Tiger Traders (P) Ltd was not deposited by me on the asking
of Hari Nair," Rathod, testifying as a prosecution witness,
told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
Rathod deposed in the court today that he had resigned as
the Director of Swan Capital Pvt Ltd and Tiger Traders Pvt Ltd
on the asking of his senior colleague Ramesh Shenoy.
This, however, led the CBI prosecutor to cross-examine
Rathod saying "the witness was resiling from his earlier
During the cross-examination, Rathod failed to remember
if he had told CBI that he had resigned as one of the
directors of Swan Capital Pvt Ltd on January 22, 2007, on the
asking of Nair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP