2G case: `SC order a strong message to corrupt`
New Delhi: Terming the Supreme Court order in 2G case as "historic", lawyer Prashant Bhushan on Thursday said it will send a strong signal to the corporates and corrupt public officials who retain the benefits of illegal acts.
"It is a historic judgement...this judgement will send a strong signal to the entire country and in particular the corporate world that this country is no longer willing to
allow these corrupt corporates and the corrupt public officials to retain the benefits of illegal and corrupt acts," he told reporters outside Supreme Court after the judgement.
Bhushan, who was one of the petitioners in the 2G case, said the judgement will also help change the nature the way corruption is dealt with.
He also said the judgement will help the public exchequer to recover losses caused to the grant of 2G licences by then Telecom minister A Raja in January 2008 and thereafter.
He said the corporates will have to "refund the benefits" they got out of the illegal licences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam