2G case: Shahid Balwa to get his cell phones back
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday directed CBI
to return to Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, a
2G telecom spectrum scam case accused, his Blackberry mobile
phones seized by the agency at the time of his arrest.
"Accordingly, two mobile phones of accused Shahid Balwa,
seized by CBI during investigation be returned to him against
proper signature," Special CBI Judge O P Saini said after the
prosecutor did not oppose the plea.
Balwa`s counsel submitted that at the time of his arrest,
his two Blackberry cell phones were seized by CBI and the same
may be returned to him now.
Meanwhile, the court continued recording of the statement
of prosecution witness Ashish Tambawala, Senior Executive Vice
President of Accounts and Finance of Reliance Infrastructure
Tambawala, whose recording of statement remained
inconclusive, said Rs 69.49 crore were transferred from
Reliance Communication Ltd to Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd on October
During his deposition, he was shown various cheques
pertaining to financial transactions by Tiger Traders Pvt Ltd,
Zebra Consultants Pvt Ltd, Parrot Consultants pvt Ltd and Swan
Capital Pvt Ltd, all alleged associates of Reliance ADA Group.
He had yesterday said some employees of Reliance
Infrastructure Ltd had been made authorised signatories for
various alleged Reliance ADAG associate firms, including Swan
Capital Pvt Ltd and Giraffe Consultancy Services Pvt Ltd.
He had said he himself was the authorised signatory for
over 100 companies and all of them belonged to Reliance ADA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!