2G: ‘CBI case last ditch effort to save PC`
New Delhi: Defending the then NDA cabinet`s
decision on spectrum allocation, BJP on Saturday termed CBI`s move
to register cases against officials on alleged irregularities
in the 2G scam as a "political conspiracy" and a "last ditch
attempt" to save Home Minister P Chidambaram in the case.
BJP spokesperson and MP Prakash Javadekar said the CBI is
being used as a tool by the Congress-led UPA government to
protect Chidambaram, whom it alleged of being equally
complicit with former Telecom Minister A Raja in the 2G scam.
"This case has been filed to prevent a probe against then
Finance Minister P Chidambaram. We had submitted proof against
him recently and the Prime Minister has himself accepted that
the 2G allocations were made only after Chidambaram gave his
nod. So both Raja and Chidambaram are equally guilty. This is
a case of complicity and equal responsibility," Javadekar
He defended the decisions taken by the then NDA
government when Mahajan was the Telecom Minister and alleged
that the fresh case by the CBI was an effort to mislead the 2G
"The NDA cabinet took the right policy decision. What is
happening now is part of a political conspiracy and is a last
ditch effort to save Chidambaram. This is the worst political
abuse of CBI by the Congress," Javadekar said.
BJP rued that no case has been filed or raids conducted
on the application and evidence it had submitted to the
government on the issue.
Defending Mahajan, Javadekar said, "All decisions were
taken by the Cabinet and did not favour any company." He
alleged that Congress was back to its "old tricks".
"There was Congress complicity in the 2G spectrum case.
It is not a franchise corruption but a coalition corruption in
which Congress is equally responsible," Javadekar said.
He maintained that during the NDA dispensation, nobody
was prevented from submitting applications for spectrum and
neither was the date of application preponed as was allegedly
done by Raja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list