2G: CBI chief contradicts Sibal on `zero loss`
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation Director, AP Singh, on Tuesday deposed before Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) in connection with the controversial allocation of 2G spectrum by the former telecom minster A Raja.
Singh was quizzed by the members of the Committee on various aspects of the 2G spectrum allocation which the CBI is investigating. The CBI Director was asked about the methodology used by the agency to calculate the losses caused by the alleged irregularities in the 2G spectrum allocations.
As per reports, the CBI chief told the PAC that assumptions suggesting that there was “zero loss” in spectrum allocation are “incorrect”. However, he did not divulge the exact quantum of loss.
This assertion of the CBI chief contradicts Sibal who had claimed that the 2G spectrum allocation had caused "zero loss" to the exchequer and rubbished as "utterly erroneous" the CAG`s calculation that the presumptive loss was to the tune of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
The CBI, in its FIR in the 2G case, has said the losses could be to the tune of Rs 22,000 crore.
Later, speaking to reporters, PAC chief Murli Manohar Joshi said the CBI chief answered all queries, and the PAC is “quite satisfied” with his answers.
The CBI is questioningt former telecom minister A Raja and two of his two close aides RK Chandolia and Siddharth Behura and Dynamix Balwas (DB) group owner Shahid Shahid Balwa in connection with the alleged scam.
The Supreme Court asked the government to constitute a special court to deal exclusively with the 2G spectrum scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark