2G: CBI, ED to file fresh status report in SC
New Delhi: The CBI and the Enforcement
Directorate are likely to file fresh status report before the
Supreme Court on Thursday on their probe in the 2G spectrum
The investigating agencies are expected to brief a bench
of justices G S Singhvi and A K Ganguly on the findings made
by them after July 6 when the last status report was placed
before the court.
During the last hearing on August 24, the CBI had informed
the court that it has completed its probe in the multi-crore
scam in which charge sheet has been filed by it against 17
persons including former telecom minister A Raja and DMK MP
Kanimozi. It had said that a third charge sheet would be filed
by September 15.
The court has been monitoring the probe on a plea of an
NGO, Centre for Public Interest Litigation, and Janata Party
President Subramanian Swamy on whose petition it had directed
the CBI probe the scam.
In the last status report filed on July 6, the CBI had
informed the court that it is also probing the role of Union
Textile Minister Dayanidhi Maran in alleged forcing of the
promoter of a Chennai-based telecom company Aircel to sell his
shares to a Malaysian firm in lieu of illegal gratification to
him in 2006.
The Minister, however, denied all such allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan