2G: CBI raids strengthen Oppn stand, says BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday alleged that CBI raids on the residences of former Telecom Minister A Raja prove that probe agencies believe he had a role in the controversial spectrum allocation and have given further strength to the opposition demand for a JPC in the case.
"The raids were expected but they came after the Supreme Court reprimand to the CBI, which was sitting on the case for the last one year," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
He alleged that the raids prove that the investigative agencies now also believe that Raja had a role in the controversial allocation of radio waves.
The BJP spokesperson said that the raids gave "further strength" to the opposition demand for a JPC probe.
Meanwhile, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanswamy said the case is pending in court and the CBI, which is an independent agency, is investigating it.
"I don`t want to make any comment on it," he said.
The CBI on Wednesday carried out searches at the residences of Raja in Delhi and Chennai besides carrying out raids at the premises of four other Telecom officials, including his personal secretary RK Chandolia, in connection with the 2G spectrum scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons