2G: CBI to give Radia tape transcripts to accused
New Delhi: The CBI Thursday told a Delhi
court that it will supply to the 2G scam case accused by July 12 the transcripts of tapped telephonic talk of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia with various people.
"We will supply Niira Radia`s tape by July 12," CBI prosecutor A K Singh told Special CBI Judge O P Saini.
The agency told the court that it will also be supplying some additional documents to the accused on July 12.
The development comes in the wake of some of the
accused submitting to the court that the CBI was not providing
them the transcripts of Radia`s conversation, despite she
having been made a key prosecution witness in the case with
her statements to the CBI often referring to those
Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd, named as an accused in the scam,
had yesterday told the court that the CBI should supply to
them all the documents, which it has filed in the court along
with the charge sheet, so that they could respond.
The counsel for other accused also pointed out to the
court that the CBI is withholding from them some of the
documents which they have filed in the court.
The CBI, however, had countered these allegations
saying there are some documents on which they have not relied
upon and thus the accused were not supplied the copies of such
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie