2G: CBI to oppose bail to corporate honchos in SC
New Delhi: The CBI will oppose the bail of five corporate honchos in the Supreme Court which is to hear their petitions on Monday, in connection with the 2G scam, days after it did not object to the bail pleas of DMK MP Kanimozhi and four others in the trial court.
Sources in the investigating agency confirmed that it has
instructed the lawyer to oppose the plea of corporate
executives - Unitech Wireless` MD Sanjay Chandra, Swan
Telecom`s Director Vinod Goenka and Reliance Anil Dhirubhai
Ambani group`s executives Hari Nair, Gautam Doshi and
Surrendra Pipara - who have approached the apex court for
Earlier the agency on October 24 did not oppose the bail
plea of Kanimozhi, Kalaignar TV MD Sharad Kumar, directors of
Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Asif Balwa, Rajiv Agarwal and
Bollywood producer Karim Morani before a special CBI court
It had, however, opposed bail plea of Swan Telecom
promoter Shahid Balwa and A Raja`s former private secretary R
K Chandolia in the trial court.
Tomorrow`s proceedings in the Supreme Court assumes
significance as the apex court had earlier said the accused in
the 2G scam can seek bail after framing of charges against
them which was done on October 22.
Other accused in the case include former telecom minister
A Raja, former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura and three
telecom firms Reliance Telecom Ltd, Swan Telecom and Unitech
(Tamil Nadu) Wireless Ltd.
All the accused have pleaded that they have not done
anything wrong and refuted the charge of drawing illegal
benefits in allocation of 2G spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!