2G: Court raps Director of Kusegaon for taking mobile in Tihar
New Delhi: Rajeev Agarwal, a business
executive and an accused in 2G spectrum case, on Tuesday faced the
ire of a Delhi court for brinigng mobile phone inside
high-security Tihar jail.
Agarwal, Director of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt
Ltd, was called closer to the bench by Special CBI Judge O
P Saini who gave him a dressing down for his action.
"I have received a letter from the jail authorities that
you were having a mobile phone. Why did you take the mobile
phone in jail?," the judge asked Agarwal, who along with Asif
Balwa, has been accused of facilitating a bribe of Rs 200
crore to DMK-run Kalaignar TV Pvt Ltd.
Agarwal apologised to the court and said it was just a
"We apologise for what had happened. It was just a human
error as he (Rajeev), inadvertently took inside the mobile
phone of his wife," his counsel Vijay Agarwal said.
The judge also took strong exception to the fact that
the family members of the accused and others unnecessarily
create obstacles in smooth functioning of the court
"It is not right (of the accused) that so many people
(including their family members) are coming in the court with
them," the judge said.
The judge also cautioned the mediapersons to behave
properly and maintain the decorum of the court.
"No one should show his/her back to the court. Please
avoid using mobile phones inside the courtroom during the
proceedings," the judge said seeking cooperation from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert