2G: Court rejects complaint against PM, Maran
New Delhi: A Delhi court Wednesday refused to entertain a complaint seeking registration of an FIR against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran for their alleged role in the 2G scam.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal said, "The present complaint pertains to 2G spectrum scam and the grievance, if any, of the complainant can only be addressed by the special court so nominated to deal and try the matters pertaining to the 2G spectrum scam.
"I am of the considered view that this court being special court dealing with the cases of the Prevention of Corruption Act, has no jurisdiction to entertain the present application.Hence, prayer made by the complainant is declined. Ordered accordingly."
The court`s order came on a complaint filed by RTI activist Vivek Garg accusing the Prime Minister and Maran of "unlawfully changing and diluting" the original Terms of References (ToRs) for vacation and reallocation of spectrum leading to the 2G scam.
Garg had earlier sent a complaint to the CBI and also to the Anti-Corruption Branch of Delhi government, before moving the court.
The court relied on the order of the apex court and other documents placed before it by the CBI informing about the creation of special court for all matters pertaining to 2G spectrum allocation scam.
"It is clear that no other court except the special court of O P Saini, Special CBI Judge, Patiala House Court, can deal or try any matter related to 2G spectrum scam and there is no dispute that the complaint filed by the complainant pertains to the the 2G spectrum scam," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'