2G: Dawood planning to attack CBI HQ?
New Delhi: The 2G scam continues to get murkier by the day. Few days after former telecom minister A Raja’s close aide Sadhick Batcha committed “suicide” at his residence in Chennai, it has come to light that security has been tightened at the headquarters of the CBI, which is probing the 2G scam, fearing an attack by underworld don Dawood Ibrahim’s D-Company.
Reports said on Wednesday that the CBI received information a few days back that the D-Company might target its headquarters in New Delhi to destroy the documents that relate to the irregularities in allocation of 2G spectrum.
A leading daily today quoted a top senior CBI official as saying on condition of anonymity, “A source in Mumbai passed on information to our officials a few days ago that D-Company is planning to target the CBI headquarters with the intention to destroy the 2G probe papers. We have taken all the required precautions. An alert has been sounded out at all the agency offices. The investigation team has been asked to be careful.”
It has been reported that intelligence agencies are looking into alleged underworld connection of Swan Telecom (which is now known as Etisalat DB) promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, who is under arrest and judicial custody for his role in the 2G scam.
The newspaper reported that the intelligence agencies were so far able to link D-Company with the 2G scam only through Balwa.
The CBI is set to file its first chargesheet in the 2G scam by the end of this month, and will name Raja, his former personal secretary RK Chandolia, former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura and two telecom companies as accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India