2G: Dawood planning to attack CBI HQ?
New Delhi: The 2G scam continues to get murkier by the day. Few days after former telecom minister A Raja’s close aide Sadhick Batcha committed “suicide” at his residence in Chennai, it has come to light that security has been tightened at the headquarters of the CBI, which is probing the 2G scam, fearing an attack by underworld don Dawood Ibrahim’s D-Company.
Reports said on Wednesday that the CBI received information a few days back that the D-Company might target its headquarters in New Delhi to destroy the documents that relate to the irregularities in allocation of 2G spectrum.
A leading daily today quoted a top senior CBI official as saying on condition of anonymity, “A source in Mumbai passed on information to our officials a few days ago that D-Company is planning to target the CBI headquarters with the intention to destroy the 2G probe papers. We have taken all the required precautions. An alert has been sounded out at all the agency offices. The investigation team has been asked to be careful.”
It has been reported that intelligence agencies are looking into alleged underworld connection of Swan Telecom (which is now known as Etisalat DB) promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, who is under arrest and judicial custody for his role in the 2G scam.
The newspaper reported that the intelligence agencies were so far able to link D-Company with the 2G scam only through Balwa.
The CBI is set to file its first chargesheet in the 2G scam by the end of this month, and will name Raja, his former personal secretary RK Chandolia, former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura and two telecom companies as accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match