2G: Digvijay claims link between CAG, PAC chief
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh is in the news again, this time for claiming a nexus between Public Accounts Committee (PAC) chairman Murli Manohan Joshi and Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) Vinod Rai.
Singh indirectly hit out at PAC chairman Joshi, who belongs to the BJP, for having spoken to the CAG before the latter submitted it report on the 2G spectrum allocation scam to the government.
"Is it a fact that the Chairman PAC contacted CAG regarding 2G before submission of CAG report? It was denied by the CAG but now documents prove he did. With new facts coming in few questions arise. Was the figure inflated? Was it made in haste? Was it at behest of Chairman PAC?" Singh wrote in his Twitter account.
The Congress leader also questioned the credibility of the CAG report.
"I have questioned the credibility of the CAG report, which has been exposed now that RP Singh who is directly in-charge of the Telecommunication Ministry. He was asked to sign on the last page without going through the report. What was it done?," Singh asked.
Singh, former director general of audit, posts and telecommunication, yesterday told the Joint Parliamentary Committee probing the 2G scam that the loss suffered in the sale of scarce radiowave spectrum was only Rs 2,645 crore.
Singh told the JPC that he had not quantified in his draft report the losses due to non-auctioning of telecom spectrum because it was “unsolicited”.
He added that the loss suffered due to the 2G scam could not be calculated because the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India had never recommended the auction of the second generation spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university