2G: Digvijay claims link between CAG, PAC chief
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh is in the news again, this time for claiming a nexus between Public Accounts Committee (PAC) chairman Murli Manohan Joshi and Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) Vinod Rai.
Singh indirectly hit out at PAC chairman Joshi, who belongs to the BJP, for having spoken to the CAG before the latter submitted it report on the 2G spectrum allocation scam to the government.
"Is it a fact that the Chairman PAC contacted CAG regarding 2G before submission of CAG report? It was denied by the CAG but now documents prove he did. With new facts coming in few questions arise. Was the figure inflated? Was it made in haste? Was it at behest of Chairman PAC?" Singh wrote in his Twitter account.
The Congress leader also questioned the credibility of the CAG report.
"I have questioned the credibility of the CAG report, which has been exposed now that RP Singh who is directly in-charge of the Telecommunication Ministry. He was asked to sign on the last page without going through the report. What was it done?," Singh asked.
Singh, former director general of audit, posts and telecommunication, yesterday told the Joint Parliamentary Committee probing the 2G scam that the loss suffered in the sale of scarce radiowave spectrum was only Rs 2,645 crore.
Singh told the JPC that he had not quantified in his draft report the losses due to non-auctioning of telecom spectrum because it was “unsolicited”.
He added that the loss suffered due to the 2G scam could not be calculated because the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India had never recommended the auction of the second generation spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'