2G: Division in Oppn ranks as Gowda attacks BJP
New Delhi: A division in the Opposition ranks
was visible on Monday with former prime minister HD Deve Gowda
attacking the BJP and favouring mid-term Lok Sabha polls if
the government was not able to ensure smoothly functioning of
The JD(S) supremo also hit out at BJP saying that the
Karnataka land scam was "bigger than 2G" and accused the main
opposition of scuttling any discussion on the land scam by
stalling the entire Winter Session of Parliament.
"Enough is enough. We cannot be party to disruption of the
House in the coming Budget Session. I have conveyed this at
the meeting of 11 non-NDA, non-UPA secular parties here last
week. I am hopeful that the Left and other parties would
consider this request," he told reporters.
Observing that NDA had ruled the country for six years and
they should know that Parliament cannot be disrupted
endlessly, Gowda said "if the government is not able to
smoothly conduct the functioning of Parliament, let them
dissolve the House and go for fresh elections".
On the Karnataka land scam, Gowda said BJP was playing
"double standards. On the one hand it is raising a hue and cry
over the 2G scam and on the other, it is seriously involved in
corrupt practices in Karnataka."
"The Karnataka scam is bigger than 2G. I had raised the
land scam including that of the Bangalore Mysore
Infrastructure Corridor project...," he said.
The former PM alleged that corruption
involving Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa was to the
extent of Rs 50,000 crore and demanded inquiry by all
concerned Central departments.
He claimed that former CM S Bangarappa, who is
now with Congress, was likely to join JD-S.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand