2G: Division in Oppn ranks as Gowda attacks BJP
New Delhi: A division in the Opposition ranks
was visible on Monday with former prime minister HD Deve Gowda
attacking the BJP and favouring mid-term Lok Sabha polls if
the government was not able to ensure smoothly functioning of
The JD(S) supremo also hit out at BJP saying that the
Karnataka land scam was "bigger than 2G" and accused the main
opposition of scuttling any discussion on the land scam by
stalling the entire Winter Session of Parliament.
"Enough is enough. We cannot be party to disruption of the
House in the coming Budget Session. I have conveyed this at
the meeting of 11 non-NDA, non-UPA secular parties here last
week. I am hopeful that the Left and other parties would
consider this request," he told reporters.
Observing that NDA had ruled the country for six years and
they should know that Parliament cannot be disrupted
endlessly, Gowda said "if the government is not able to
smoothly conduct the functioning of Parliament, let them
dissolve the House and go for fresh elections".
On the Karnataka land scam, Gowda said BJP was playing
"double standards. On the one hand it is raising a hue and cry
over the 2G scam and on the other, it is seriously involved in
corrupt practices in Karnataka."
"The Karnataka scam is bigger than 2G. I had raised the
land scam including that of the Bangalore Mysore
Infrastructure Corridor project...," he said.
The former PM alleged that corruption
involving Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa was to the
extent of Rs 50,000 crore and demanded inquiry by all
concerned Central departments.
He claimed that former CM S Bangarappa, who is
now with Congress, was likely to join JD-S.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'