2G: DMK demands special meeting of PAC
New Delhi: DMK has demanded a special meeting of the Public Accounts Committee against the backdrop of allegations that the CAG arrived at loss figures in 2G allocation as suggested by the panel.
TKS Elangovan, party chief whip and member of PAC, shot off a letter to panel Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi in this regard.
His letter came following allegations levelled by former Director (Audit) RP Singh that the PAC had suggested a method to calculate the loss incurred in 2G allocation and the CAG arrived at the loss figures as suggested by PAC.
The party has already submitted a notice to discuss the issue in Lok Sabha under Rule 193 which does not entail voting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia