2G: DMK demands special meeting of PAC
New Delhi: DMK has demanded a special meeting of the Public Accounts Committee against the backdrop of allegations that the CAG arrived at loss figures in 2G allocation as suggested by the panel.
TKS Elangovan, party chief whip and member of PAC, shot off a letter to panel Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi in this regard.
His letter came following allegations levelled by former Director (Audit) RP Singh that the PAC had suggested a method to calculate the loss incurred in 2G allocation and the CAG arrived at the loss figures as suggested by PAC.
The party has already submitted a notice to discuss the issue in Lok Sabha under Rule 193 which does not entail voting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next