2G: ED issues summons under Money Laundering Act
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate has
issued summons under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act
(PMLA) against all the persons named by CBI in the charge
sheet in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Sources said today ED will also move a Delhi court soon
seeking permission to question jailed former telecom minister
A Raja, former MD of DB Realty group Shahid Balwa and others.
The move came a day after the Directorate had submitted
its complaint, equivalent to a charge sheet, against a few
telecom firms for "contravention of FEMA norms to the tune of
more than Rs 4,300 crore.
The ED, according to the sources, will also initiate
attachment proceedings under PMLA against all these
The people who have not been named in the charge sheet
but their role have been mentioned in the case could also be
summoned on money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why