2G: ED issues summons under Money Laundering Act
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate has
issued summons under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act
(PMLA) against all the persons named by CBI in the charge
sheet in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Sources said today ED will also move a Delhi court soon
seeking permission to question jailed former telecom minister
A Raja, former MD of DB Realty group Shahid Balwa and others.
The move came a day after the Directorate had submitted
its complaint, equivalent to a charge sheet, against a few
telecom firms for "contravention of FEMA norms to the tune of
more than Rs 4,300 crore.
The ED, according to the sources, will also initiate
attachment proceedings under PMLA against all these
The people who have not been named in the charge sheet
but their role have been mentioned in the case could also be
summoned on money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 2,508 cities selected under PM's scheme for affordable housing
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know
- Twitter launches 'Connect' to help you find friends
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Can you believe this? Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class