2G: ED issues summons under Money Laundering Act
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate has
issued summons under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act
(PMLA) against all the persons named by CBI in the charge
sheet in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Sources said today ED will also move a Delhi court soon
seeking permission to question jailed former telecom minister
A Raja, former MD of DB Realty group Shahid Balwa and others.
The move came a day after the Directorate had submitted
its complaint, equivalent to a charge sheet, against a few
telecom firms for "contravention of FEMA norms to the tune of
more than Rs 4,300 crore.
The ED, according to the sources, will also initiate
attachment proceedings under PMLA against all these
The people who have not been named in the charge sheet
but their role have been mentioned in the case could also be
summoned on money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt