2G: ED issues summons under Money Laundering Act
New Delhi: Enforcement Directorate has
issued summons under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act
(PMLA) against all the persons named by CBI in the charge
sheet in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Sources said today ED will also move a Delhi court soon
seeking permission to question jailed former telecom minister
A Raja, former MD of DB Realty group Shahid Balwa and others.
The move came a day after the Directorate had submitted
its complaint, equivalent to a charge sheet, against a few
telecom firms for "contravention of FEMA norms to the tune of
more than Rs 4,300 crore.
The ED, according to the sources, will also initiate
attachment proceedings under PMLA against all these
The people who have not been named in the charge sheet
but their role have been mentioned in the case could also be
summoned on money laundering charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof