2G impasse: PM meets Prez, briefs on Parl logjam
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met President Pratibha Patil on Saturday and briefed her on the ongoing logjam in Parliament besides other important issues.
During the 45-minute meeting at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, they discussed the ongoing session of Parliament that has been disrupted for 16 working days over the Oppositon`s demand for a JPC probe on the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The Prime Minister also spoke to Patil about her just-concluded state visit to the UAE and Syria, besides discussing the visit of French President Nicolas Sarkozy to India, the Rashtrapati Bhavan said in a statement.
The Prime Minister`s forthcoming visit to Brussels for attending the EU Summit also came up during the talks. They also discussed the current rate of economic growth in the country and various other issues of national and international importance, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened