2G impasse: PM meets Prez, briefs on Parl logjam
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met President Pratibha Patil on Saturday and briefed her on the ongoing logjam in Parliament besides other important issues.
During the 45-minute meeting at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, they discussed the ongoing session of Parliament that has been disrupted for 16 working days over the Oppositon`s demand for a JPC probe on the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The Prime Minister also spoke to Patil about her just-concluded state visit to the UAE and Syria, besides discussing the visit of French President Nicolas Sarkozy to India, the Rashtrapati Bhavan said in a statement.
The Prime Minister`s forthcoming visit to Brussels for attending the EU Summit also came up during the talks. They also discussed the current rate of economic growth in the country and various other issues of national and international importance, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official