2G impasse: PM meets Prez, briefs on Parl logjam
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met President Pratibha Patil on Saturday and briefed her on the ongoing logjam in Parliament besides other important issues.
During the 45-minute meeting at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, they discussed the ongoing session of Parliament that has been disrupted for 16 working days over the Oppositon`s demand for a JPC probe on the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The Prime Minister also spoke to Patil about her just-concluded state visit to the UAE and Syria, besides discussing the visit of French President Nicolas Sarkozy to India, the Rashtrapati Bhavan said in a statement.
The Prime Minister`s forthcoming visit to Brussels for attending the EU Summit also came up during the talks. They also discussed the current rate of economic growth in the country and various other issues of national and international importance, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations