2G impasse: PM meets Prez, briefs on Parl logjam
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met President Pratibha Patil on Saturday and briefed her on the ongoing logjam in Parliament besides other important issues.
During the 45-minute meeting at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, they discussed the ongoing session of Parliament that has been disrupted for 16 working days over the Oppositon`s demand for a JPC probe on the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The Prime Minister also spoke to Patil about her just-concluded state visit to the UAE and Syria, besides discussing the visit of French President Nicolas Sarkozy to India, the Rashtrapati Bhavan said in a statement.
The Prime Minister`s forthcoming visit to Brussels for attending the EU Summit also came up during the talks. They also discussed the current rate of economic growth in the country and various other issues of national and international importance, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31