2G: Interference by defence lawyers irks judge
New Delhi: "Interference" by defence lawyers
during the proceedings in the 2G spectrum allocation scam case
on Tuesday infuriated the judge who warned them that they would be
asked to go out of the court.
Special CBI judge OP Saini asked the defence counsel not
to interfere in his work saying he would send everyone out.
The judge got "irritated" when the defence counsel kept
interfering and telling the judge and the court staff what is
to be recorded during the cross examination of second
prosecution witness, A N Sethuraman, Group President of
"What is this? You (defence lawyers) people are
interfering in my job and you are dictating (the statement) in
my place," the judge said.
He said if the counsel and their clients kept on doing
this then he would sent everyone out from the court room.
"I am seeing this since morning. I am getting irritated
now. Your act is disturbing me. Only I will dictate the
statement to my staff. I will tell staff what to write and
"I will disperse the crowd from the court and in a minute
the crowd (including lawyers, relatives of the accused and
media persons) would be sent out," the judge said.
One of the defence counsel Vijay Agarwal, who was cross
examining Sethuraman, apologised to the court and said no one
will dictate the statement from now onwards.
"Whoever wants to say anything, they will speak to me
only and then I will tell that point to you (judge). You will
only dictate it to your staff what to write," the counsel
The cross examination of Sethuraman remained inconclusive
and would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP