2G JPC report `prejudged`, unacceptable, says CPI
New Delhi: The draft report of the joint parliamentary committee (JPC) on 2G spectrum allocation is "prejudged and prejudiced" and therefore unacceptable, the Communist Party of India (CPI) said on Friday.
"The report is not acceptable to us. It is prejudged and prejudiced, covering facts and trying to save a few people and blaming one individual," said CPI leader D Raja.
According to the CPI leader, former telecom minister A Raja had said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had been kept in the loop throughout the allocation process.
The parliamentary panel probing the 2G scam has blamed Raja for the spectrum allocation and cleared the prime minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
An entire winter session was washed out as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) did not allow parliament to run till a JPC probe was set up in 2011 to look into the telecom licence policy.
The issue came up after an official auditor`s report alleged a presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore in the allocation of 2G spectrum licences during the UPA-I government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents