2G: Kanimozhi allowed to attend Budget Session
New Delhi: DMK MP Kanimozhi, facing trial
for her alleged role in the 2G spectrum allocation case, was
on Monday allowed by a Delhi court to participate in the ongoing
Budget Session of Parliament.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini allowed Kanimozhi`s plea to
attend the session after the CBI did not oppose it.
The court permitted her subject to the condition that her
counsel should "actually participate" in the judicial
Kanimozhi was granted bail on November 28 last year by
the Delhi High Court after she had spent over six months in
Tihar jail following her arrest on May 20, 2011.
"It is submitted by Kanimozhi that she is a member of the
Rajya Sabha and Budget Session of Parliament is commencing
from today and she may be allowed to attend the same to which
senior public prosecutor (of the CBI) has no objection.
"She is permitted to attend the session subject to the
condition that her identity shall not be disputed and her
counsel shall remain present in the court for participating in
the court proceedings and shall actually participate in the
court proceedings," the special judge said.
Kanimozhi, along with former Telecom Minister A Raja and
others, including three telecom firms, are facing trial in the
During the day`s proceeding, the court also recorded the
statement of prosecution witness Mumbai`s Deputy Registrar of
Companies (RoC) Rajender Singh Meena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG