2G: Kanimozhi allowed to attend Budget Session
New Delhi: DMK MP Kanimozhi, facing trial
for her alleged role in the 2G spectrum allocation case, was
on Monday allowed by a Delhi court to participate in the ongoing
Budget Session of Parliament.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini allowed Kanimozhi`s plea to
attend the session after the CBI did not oppose it.
The court permitted her subject to the condition that her
counsel should "actually participate" in the judicial
Kanimozhi was granted bail on November 28 last year by
the Delhi High Court after she had spent over six months in
Tihar jail following her arrest on May 20, 2011.
"It is submitted by Kanimozhi that she is a member of the
Rajya Sabha and Budget Session of Parliament is commencing
from today and she may be allowed to attend the same to which
senior public prosecutor (of the CBI) has no objection.
"She is permitted to attend the session subject to the
condition that her identity shall not be disputed and her
counsel shall remain present in the court for participating in
the court proceedings and shall actually participate in the
court proceedings," the special judge said.
Kanimozhi, along with former Telecom Minister A Raja and
others, including three telecom firms, are facing trial in the
During the day`s proceeding, the court also recorded the
statement of prosecution witness Mumbai`s Deputy Registrar of
Companies (RoC) Rajender Singh Meena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened