2G: Kanimozhi allowed to attend Budget Session
New Delhi: DMK MP Kanimozhi, facing trial
for her alleged role in the 2G spectrum allocation case, was
on Monday allowed by a Delhi court to participate in the ongoing
Budget Session of Parliament.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini allowed Kanimozhi`s plea to
attend the session after the CBI did not oppose it.
The court permitted her subject to the condition that her
counsel should "actually participate" in the judicial
Kanimozhi was granted bail on November 28 last year by
the Delhi High Court after she had spent over six months in
Tihar jail following her arrest on May 20, 2011.
"It is submitted by Kanimozhi that she is a member of the
Rajya Sabha and Budget Session of Parliament is commencing
from today and she may be allowed to attend the same to which
senior public prosecutor (of the CBI) has no objection.
"She is permitted to attend the session subject to the
condition that her identity shall not be disputed and her
counsel shall remain present in the court for participating in
the court proceedings and shall actually participate in the
court proceedings," the special judge said.
Kanimozhi, along with former Telecom Minister A Raja and
others, including three telecom firms, are facing trial in the
During the day`s proceeding, the court also recorded the
statement of prosecution witness Mumbai`s Deputy Registrar of
Companies (RoC) Rajender Singh Meena.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah