2G: Kanimozhi allowed to attend Budget Session
New Delhi: DMK MP Kanimozhi, facing trial
for her alleged role in the 2G spectrum allocation case, was
on Monday allowed by a Delhi court to participate in the ongoing
Budget Session of Parliament.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini allowed Kanimozhi`s plea to
attend the session after the CBI did not oppose it.
The court permitted her subject to the condition that her
counsel should "actually participate" in the judicial
Kanimozhi was granted bail on November 28 last year by
the Delhi High Court after she had spent over six months in
Tihar jail following her arrest on May 20, 2011.
"It is submitted by Kanimozhi that she is a member of the
Rajya Sabha and Budget Session of Parliament is commencing
from today and she may be allowed to attend the same to which
senior public prosecutor (of the CBI) has no objection.
"She is permitted to attend the session subject to the
condition that her identity shall not be disputed and her
counsel shall remain present in the court for participating in
the court proceedings and shall actually participate in the
court proceedings," the special judge said.
Kanimozhi, along with former Telecom Minister A Raja and
others, including three telecom firms, are facing trial in the
During the day`s proceeding, the court also recorded the
statement of prosecution witness Mumbai`s Deputy Registrar of
Companies (RoC) Rajender Singh Meena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC