2G: Karuna to meet Sonia, Kanimozhi in Delhi
Chennai: DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi is headed to the national capital to meet Congress president Sonia Gandhi and his daughter Kanimozhi, who is in jail for her alleged role in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, reports said on Thursday.
The 88 year-old DMK patriarch, his wife Rajathi and grandson and Kanimozhi`s son Adithya are scheduled to leave by a government carrier this evening, according to reports.
However, its still not clear whether Karunanidhi meet Kanimozhi in court tomorrow, or at Tihar Jail, where he has visited her in the past for emotional reunions.
Kanimozhi has been lodged in jail for almost six months and has been denied bail.
DMK chief’s Delhi visit is crucial since a special CBI court is set to pronounce its order on framing of charges in the 2G spectrum case tomorrow.
In the process of framing of charges, the court decides as to who among the accused has sufficient prima facie evidence against him/her to be put on trial.
The court will resume hearing on the bail applications of various accused, including that of Kanimozhi, from October 24.
The DMK chief had not met Congress chief during his previous visits to the national capital.
This time he is expected to press the Congress government for some leniency on its part so that his daughter Kanimozhi gets bail this time.
Consequently, the CBI has also indicated that this time around, it would not oppose her bail.
Kanimozhi`s lawyers say because she is a woman and has to look after her young son, she should be allowed to return home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset