2G: `Lobbyist` Nira Radia under ED scanner
New Delhi: With questions being raised about the role of a “high-profile” nexus in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, the Enforcement Directorate on Wednesday grilled corporate lobbyist Nira Radia.
Radia’s name cropped up in the 2G scam case after transcripts of her taped telephonic conversations with various personalities were published in the media.
She allegedly struck deals with journalists and telecom companies, and also lobbied with senior government officials.
CBI in its affidavit in the Supreme Court in the 2G spectrum allocation case, Monday, had said that Radia will be approached for investigation at an appropriate time.
While offering to cooperate with any investigating agency, Radia had evaded questioning earlier citing ‘health reasons’.
"We will comply and cooperate with any agency as and when we are approached," a spokesperson for her company Vaishnavi Corporate Communications said in a statement.
The statement said their only client in telecom Tata Teleservices has been "discriminated" against over the years suffering huge losses and pointed out that the CAG report had clearly stated that Tata Teleservices was "clearly discriminated" against in the allotment of spectrum.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata