2G order is wrong; will move SC: Swamy
New Delhi: Reacting strongly to the Special CBI Court order giving clean chit to Home Minister P Chidambaram in 2G scam case, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy - the petitioner in the case - said he was “surprised” but not “disappointed”.
Swamy further said he will move the Supreme Court against the order.
While describing Special CBI Judge OP Saini as a "good man", the petitioner said the "order is bad".
“The 2G order is wrong. This order deserves to be reserved. I will certainly appeal against it,” he said talking to a private new channel. “I have the prima face evidence against Chidambaram’s culpability in 2G scam. I have a very very strong case against him,” he added.
"I will appeal against this order in Supreme Court. The order is bad because the judge has in his order agreed that Chidambaram and A Raja (former telecom minister) had jointly decided to follow the 2001 policy of first-come first-serve for selling spectrum," he told reporters.
"This is nothing new for me... This is not the first time that a petition has been dismissed," he said.
A special CBI court on Saturday dismissed a petition by Swamy to make Chidambaram an accused in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey