2G: Order on CBI`s plea to place additional docs
New Delhi: A Delhi court Monday reserved its order for November 24 on the CBI`s plea for permission to submit it some additional documents, including "necessary" evidence relating to Reliance Telecom Ltd (RTL), facing trial in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
The CBI`s plea before Special Judge O P Saini was opposed by the RTL and other accused, who contended that it would prejudice their ongoing trial and there was no justification by the agency for submitting them at this stage.
The agency told the court that these documents include book of accounts of Swan Consultants Services Pvt Ltd, Tiger Trustees Pvt Ltd and some other firms and some documents relating to RTL.
According to the CBI charge sheet, Swan Consultants Services Pvt Ltd and Tiger Trustees Pvt Ltd were the alleged associate firms of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group.
During the arguments, special public prosecutor U U Lalit told the court that the documents, which they want to submit to the court, are part of the investigation and they are necessary evidence in the case.
"These documents are necessary for the entirety of the case. These documents are really essential. We (CBI) are praying for the permission to place them on record," Lalit told the court.
Lalit said these documents were not filed in the court due to "inadvertence," but they are very important to reach a conclusion in the case.
RTL and three top executives of the Reliance ADAG -- Gautam Doshi, Surendra Pipara and Hari Nair -- along with others are facing trial in the 2G case in which former Telecom Minister A Raja is the key accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate