2G probe: Joshi refuses to join issue with Chacko
New Delhi: With JPC chairman PC Chacko
stating that PAC should confine itself to the CAG report on 2G
spectrum allocation, PAC chief MM Joshi on Wednesday refused to join
issue with him, saying Chacko should give in writing his
"Mr Chacko is a senior and seasoned member of
Parliament. And if he has any suggestions or observations to
make about the PAC he should better write to us. I will take
into consideration when such a communication reaches me,"
Joshi told reporters outside Parliament complex.
He was reacting to questions on what he felt about
Chacko`s suggestion that PAC should confine itself to
looking into the CAG report on 2-G spectrum allocation.
Joshi has always maintained that PAC had wide-ranging
powers which go beyond examining just the CAG reports on
This had earlier caused some heartburn in BJP itself
as his "proactive" approach to the 2G issue was being seen
within the party as weakening the fight for formation of JPC.
The Parliament Accounts Committee, headed by the BJP
leader, had called for deposition a journalist who wrote on 2G
spectrum scam and editors of magazines which published the
transcripts of telephonic conversations of corporate lobbyist
Niira Radia with industrialists, journalists and politicians.
The PAC is also set to call for examination Radia as
also senior journalists whose conversations figure in the
The formation of the JPC last month brought down the
curtains on a three-month deadlock in Parliament between the
government and the Opposition, which latched on to a CAG
report on alleged irregularities in 2G spectrum allocations
and pegged the presumptive loss to the national exchequer at
Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news