2G probe: Joshi refuses to join issue with Chacko
New Delhi: With JPC chairman PC Chacko
stating that PAC should confine itself to the CAG report on 2G
spectrum allocation, PAC chief MM Joshi on Wednesday refused to join
issue with him, saying Chacko should give in writing his
"Mr Chacko is a senior and seasoned member of
Parliament. And if he has any suggestions or observations to
make about the PAC he should better write to us. I will take
into consideration when such a communication reaches me,"
Joshi told reporters outside Parliament complex.
He was reacting to questions on what he felt about
Chacko`s suggestion that PAC should confine itself to
looking into the CAG report on 2-G spectrum allocation.
Joshi has always maintained that PAC had wide-ranging
powers which go beyond examining just the CAG reports on
This had earlier caused some heartburn in BJP itself
as his "proactive" approach to the 2G issue was being seen
within the party as weakening the fight for formation of JPC.
The Parliament Accounts Committee, headed by the BJP
leader, had called for deposition a journalist who wrote on 2G
spectrum scam and editors of magazines which published the
transcripts of telephonic conversations of corporate lobbyist
Niira Radia with industrialists, journalists and politicians.
The PAC is also set to call for examination Radia as
also senior journalists whose conversations figure in the
The formation of the JPC last month brought down the
curtains on a three-month deadlock in Parliament between the
government and the Opposition, which latched on to a CAG
report on alleged irregularities in 2G spectrum allocations
and pegged the presumptive loss to the national exchequer at
Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!