2G: Raja, others complain of deficient documents
New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A
Raja and two corporate honchos, who have been chargesheeted in
the 2G Spectrum allocation scam case, on Saturday complained to a
Delhi court that documents supplied to them by the CBI was
In an application filed before Special CBI Judge O P
Saini, Raja, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt Ltd Managing
Director Sanjay Chandra and Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid Usman
Balwa sought supply of the deficient documents along with
On this, CBI assured the court that the documents
would be supplied to the accused by April 30.
"A Raja, Sanjay Chandra, Shahid Balwa, M/S Unitech
Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt Ltd and Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd have
filed application seeking supply of deficient documents...
Senior public prosecutor submits that deficient documents
would be supplied by April 30," the court said.
The court has now fixed April 25 for scrutiny of
documents and extended the remand of all the accused till
The court had earlier on April 20, dismissed the bail
plea of five corporate honchos -- Sanjay Chandra, Group MD of
Reliance ADAG, Gautam Doshi, co-promoter of Swan Telecom,
Vinod Goenka and Reliance ADAG`s Surender Pipara and Hari
Nair, who have been named as accused in the chargesheet.
The court had dismissed their bail plea saying they
may tamper with evidence and even flee to avoid prosecution in
the "highest magnitude" 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The agency, in its first chargesheet, running into
about 80,000 pages, had said that Raja conspired with top
bureaucrats and corporate honchos to cause a loss of Rs 30,984
crore in the allocation of 2G spectrum.
Besides these corporate leaders and Raja, former
Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura, Raja`s personal secretary
R K Chandolia and Shahid Usman Balwa have also been named as
accused in the chargesheet.
CBI had also named Swan Telecom, Unitech Wireless
(Tamil Nadu) Private Ltd and Reliance Telecom in its first
chargesheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui