2G: Raja, others complain of deficient documents
New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A
Raja and two corporate honchos, who have been chargesheeted in
the 2G Spectrum allocation scam case, on Saturday complained to a
Delhi court that documents supplied to them by the CBI was
In an application filed before Special CBI Judge O P
Saini, Raja, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt Ltd Managing
Director Sanjay Chandra and Swan Telecom Promoter Shahid Usman
Balwa sought supply of the deficient documents along with
On this, CBI assured the court that the documents
would be supplied to the accused by April 30.
"A Raja, Sanjay Chandra, Shahid Balwa, M/S Unitech
Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Pvt Ltd and Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd have
filed application seeking supply of deficient documents...
Senior public prosecutor submits that deficient documents
would be supplied by April 30," the court said.
The court has now fixed April 25 for scrutiny of
documents and extended the remand of all the accused till
The court had earlier on April 20, dismissed the bail
plea of five corporate honchos -- Sanjay Chandra, Group MD of
Reliance ADAG, Gautam Doshi, co-promoter of Swan Telecom,
Vinod Goenka and Reliance ADAG`s Surender Pipara and Hari
Nair, who have been named as accused in the chargesheet.
The court had dismissed their bail plea saying they
may tamper with evidence and even flee to avoid prosecution in
the "highest magnitude" 2G spectrum allocation scam.
The agency, in its first chargesheet, running into
about 80,000 pages, had said that Raja conspired with top
bureaucrats and corporate honchos to cause a loss of Rs 30,984
crore in the allocation of 2G spectrum.
Besides these corporate leaders and Raja, former
Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura, Raja`s personal secretary
R K Chandolia and Shahid Usman Balwa have also been named as
accused in the chargesheet.
CBI had also named Swan Telecom, Unitech Wireless
(Tamil Nadu) Private Ltd and Reliance Telecom in its first
chargesheet in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened