2G report: Chacko ready for amendments in form of dissent notes
New Delhi: Amid demands by opposition members for the outright rejection of the draft report on 2G, JPC Chairman P C Chacko on Monday said he was ready to take their amendments in the form of dissent notes but would not change the text of the documents.
"I am willing for a detailed discussion on each of the (10) chapters. The text cannot be changed. The opposition`s amendments can be in the form of dissent notes...Let the two (draft and the dissent notes) be presented so that Parliament is aware of the two views," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
He said following the demand by 15 members of the JPC for his removal, he had met Speaker Meira Kumar to get clarity on whether he can convene the meeting.
"I had met the Speaker. Today itself I will announce the next date of the meeting," he said.
On Friday, he had said that the next meeting could take place on May 2 or 3.
Chacko had also expressed his willingness to consider amendments to controversial aspects of the draft report which has given a clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
He had said that amendments could be considered if opposition members were able to convince him through discussion about anything wrong in the draft instead of indulging in politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'