2G report: Chacko ready for amendments in form of dissent notes
New Delhi: Amid demands by opposition members for the outright rejection of the draft report on 2G, JPC Chairman P C Chacko on Monday said he was ready to take their amendments in the form of dissent notes but would not change the text of the documents.
"I am willing for a detailed discussion on each of the (10) chapters. The text cannot be changed. The opposition`s amendments can be in the form of dissent notes...Let the two (draft and the dissent notes) be presented so that Parliament is aware of the two views," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
He said following the demand by 15 members of the JPC for his removal, he had met Speaker Meira Kumar to get clarity on whether he can convene the meeting.
"I had met the Speaker. Today itself I will announce the next date of the meeting," he said.
On Friday, he had said that the next meeting could take place on May 2 or 3.
Chacko had also expressed his willingness to consider amendments to controversial aspects of the draft report which has given a clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
He had said that amendments could be considered if opposition members were able to convince him through discussion about anything wrong in the draft instead of indulging in politics.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses