2G report: Chacko ready for amendments in form of dissent notes
New Delhi: Amid demands by opposition members for the outright rejection of the draft report on 2G, JPC Chairman P C Chacko on Monday said he was ready to take their amendments in the form of dissent notes but would not change the text of the documents.
"I am willing for a detailed discussion on each of the (10) chapters. The text cannot be changed. The opposition`s amendments can be in the form of dissent notes...Let the two (draft and the dissent notes) be presented so that Parliament is aware of the two views," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
He said following the demand by 15 members of the JPC for his removal, he had met Speaker Meira Kumar to get clarity on whether he can convene the meeting.
"I had met the Speaker. Today itself I will announce the next date of the meeting," he said.
On Friday, he had said that the next meeting could take place on May 2 or 3.
Chacko had also expressed his willingness to consider amendments to controversial aspects of the draft report which has given a clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
He had said that amendments could be considered if opposition members were able to convince him through discussion about anything wrong in the draft instead of indulging in politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble