2G row: Singhvi meets Chidambaram
New Delhi: With Congress grappling with the
controversy surrounding Finance Ministry`s note on 2G spectrum
allocation, AICC legal department chief Abhishek Singhvi on Wednesday
met Home Minister P Chidambaram, who is in the eye of storm
over the issue.
Singhvi`s 45-minute meeting with the Home Minister has
come at a time when the Government and Congress are busy fine
tuning ways and means to defuse the political crisis.
Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily had a meeting
with Congress President Sonia Gandhi in the morning. However,
there was no official word on what transpired at the meeting.
It also came on a day when the CBI told the Supreme Court
that it was planning to file an FIR against DMK MP and former
Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran in the 2G case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren