2G row: Singhvi meets Chidambaram
New Delhi: With Congress grappling with the
controversy surrounding Finance Ministry`s note on 2G spectrum
allocation, AICC legal department chief Abhishek Singhvi on Wednesday
met Home Minister P Chidambaram, who is in the eye of storm
over the issue.
Singhvi`s 45-minute meeting with the Home Minister has
come at a time when the Government and Congress are busy fine
tuning ways and means to defuse the political crisis.
Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily had a meeting
with Congress President Sonia Gandhi in the morning. However,
there was no official word on what transpired at the meeting.
It also came on a day when the CBI told the Supreme Court
that it was planning to file an FIR against DMK MP and former
Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran in the 2G case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof