2G: SC notice to Govt on Radia tapes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked Central government and the I-T department to submit the tape containing conversations between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and others relating to the 2G spectrum scam.
The SC has given time till Wednesday to respond to the plea for not destroying the tapes.
A bench comprising justices GS Singhvi and AK Ganguly asked the Solicitor General to take instructions from the authorities on the plea made by the NGO Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL) which has brought the matter before
Advocate Prashant Bhushan appearing for the NGO had
made the plea that the tapes prepared by the Director General
of Income Tax containing conversation of Radia and others
should be preserved.
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind