2G: SC notice to Govt on Radia tapes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked Central government and the I-T department to submit the tape containing conversations between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and others relating to the 2G spectrum scam.
The SC has given time till Wednesday to respond to the plea for not destroying the tapes.
A bench comprising justices GS Singhvi and AK Ganguly asked the Solicitor General to take instructions from the authorities on the plea made by the NGO Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL) which has brought the matter before
Advocate Prashant Bhushan appearing for the NGO had
made the plea that the tapes prepared by the Director General
of Income Tax containing conversation of Radia and others
should be preserved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday