2G: SC notice to Govt on Radia tapes
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday asked Central government and the I-T department to submit the tape containing conversations between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and others relating to the 2G spectrum scam.
The SC has given time till Wednesday to respond to the plea for not destroying the tapes.
A bench comprising justices GS Singhvi and AK Ganguly asked the Solicitor General to take instructions from the authorities on the plea made by the NGO Centre for Public Interest Litigation (CPIL) which has brought the matter before
Advocate Prashant Bhushan appearing for the NGO had
made the plea that the tapes prepared by the Director General
of Income Tax containing conversation of Radia and others
should be preserved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’