2G: SC to hear Swamy`s plea against PC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will on Friday take up the petition of Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy, who is seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe against Union Home Minister P Chidambaram in connection with the 2G spectrum scam.
Swamy had filed a petition in the apex court last month, and challenged a Delhi trial court`s dismissal of his plea to make Chidambaram a co-accused along with former telecom minister A Raja in the 2G scam.
Swamy has so far alleged that Chidambaram was equally culpable like former telecom minister A Raja, as he also had a role in deciding the spectrum pricing and allowing telecom companies to off-load shares to foreign firms.
The telecom scam, one of India`s biggest graft cases ever, may have cost 39.57 billion dollars in expected revenue losses to the public exchequer as per the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India`s report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!