2G scam as big as Raj budget for 3.5 yrs: Raje
Jaipur: Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Friday expressed shock over the magnitude of the 2G spectrum scam, saying the size of the 1.76 lakh crore swindle was equivalent to the state`s budget for three and a half years.
"The 2G spectrum scam is so big that the amount involved in it could have been our state`s budget for three and a half years," Raje said addressing students at a function in Rajasthan University campus here.
Terming the Adarsh Housing Society and 2G spectrum scams as unfortunate, the BJP general secretary said the rate at which scams were occuring in the country was a cause for concern and asked the youths to come forward to eradicate corruption.
Without naming Rahul Gandhi, she said the country would not prosper by somebody visiting Dalit houses and underlined the need for formulation of concrete policies for the uplift of the poor and tribal people.
"The country needs good and concrete policies and schemes for the uplift of the poor and Dalits. Their progress cannot be brought about by visiting their houses and sharing meal with them," she said, adding, it can attract good media coverage but cannot give relief to Dalits.
Charging the state government with non-performance, the former chief minister said, "We gave jobs to 10 lakh people in five years whereas this government has so far done nothing.
Not only this, the jobs the state government would provide in the next two years, was actually generated during my tenure."
Later, talking to reporters, she accused Gehlot government of having no vision and said it was trying to divert people`s attention from its failures by linking the name of senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar with Ajmer Dargah blast case.
"Indresh Kumar`s involvement in the Ajmer Dargah blast case is politically motivated because diversion of attention is Congress`s policy, and the party was afraid of Kumar`s efforts to uplift the situation of Muslims in the country," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!