2G scam biggest in my tenure: CBI director
New Delhi: Outgoing Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) director Amar Pratap Singh Tuesday said the 2G spectrum allocation case was the biggest and most complicated in the two years of his tenure.
"...I had to handle several cases, including the 2G scam, Adarsh case, Commonwealth Games case, against high-profiled accused. Among them, 2G spectrum allocation scam was the biggest in terms of its complications," Singh said reporters here.
Singh, who retires Nov 30 after two eventful tenures as CBI director, said he could not ascribe any loss figure to 2G scam.
He also said that under his tenure, the CBI attempted to be transparent and open.
"We have attempted to be as transparent and open in the functioning. In the two years we have by and large tried to keep these commitments. My tenure was marked by complex specialised high-profile investigations to probe corruption and crime," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued