2G scam: CBI arrests Shahid Balwa`s brother
Mumbai/New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday arrested two
more persons - Asif Balwa and Rajeev B Agarwal - for alleged
involvement in money transfer to DMK`s Kalaingar TV channel in
connection with the 2-G spectrum case in which the agency will
file the first charge sheet on April 2.
The two were summoned from Mumbai and arrested in the
national capital today after they allegedly did not cooperate
with the CBI during questioning, agency sources said.
The two would be produced before a designated court in
Asif is the younger brother of former Managing Director of
DB-Etislat group Shahid Balwa, who has already been arrested
by the CBI. Shahid`s association with the underworld is being
probed by the agency separately.
Shahid was arrested in February 8, for his alleged
involvement in the 2G scam and is currently lodged in Delhi`s
Both the brothers were working as directors of erstwhile
Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd whose name was later
changed to Kusegaon Realty.
The company is alleged to have acted as a go-between in
transfer of Rs 200 crore to Cineyug, an amount which was later
transferred to the Kalaingar TV, the sources said.
With the two fresh arrests, the number of people taken
into custody in the case has gone up to six which includes
former Telecom Minister A Raja, his personal aide R K
Chandolia and former Telecom Secretary Siddartha Behura.
Before their arrests, the CBI had conducted searches last
night at the premises of Dynamic Realty, Kusegaon Realty and
Cineyug in Mumbai and claimed to have seized some documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion