2G scam: CBI arrests Shahid Balwa`s brother
Mumbai/New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday arrested two
more persons - Asif Balwa and Rajeev B Agarwal - for alleged
involvement in money transfer to DMK`s Kalaingar TV channel in
connection with the 2-G spectrum case in which the agency will
file the first charge sheet on April 2.
The two were summoned from Mumbai and arrested in the
national capital today after they allegedly did not cooperate
with the CBI during questioning, agency sources said.
The two would be produced before a designated court in
Asif is the younger brother of former Managing Director of
DB-Etislat group Shahid Balwa, who has already been arrested
by the CBI. Shahid`s association with the underworld is being
probed by the agency separately.
Shahid was arrested in February 8, for his alleged
involvement in the 2G scam and is currently lodged in Delhi`s
Both the brothers were working as directors of erstwhile
Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd whose name was later
changed to Kusegaon Realty.
The company is alleged to have acted as a go-between in
transfer of Rs 200 crore to Cineyug, an amount which was later
transferred to the Kalaingar TV, the sources said.
With the two fresh arrests, the number of people taken
into custody in the case has gone up to six which includes
former Telecom Minister A Raja, his personal aide R K
Chandolia and former Telecom Secretary Siddartha Behura.
Before their arrests, the CBI had conducted searches last
night at the premises of Dynamic Realty, Kusegaon Realty and
Cineyug in Mumbai and claimed to have seized some documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP