2G scam: CBI director appears before PAC
New Delhi: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director AP Singh on Thursday appeared before Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) in connection with the probe into the alleged financial irregularities of the 2G spectrum licence allocation.
The chief of India`s premier investigating agency met PAC chief Murli Manohar Joshi in the Parliament House.
PAC and the CBI are separately probing the money trail of the kickbacks allegedly paid by some telecom firms to get 2G spectrum licences at cheaper than market rates during DMK leader A Raja`s stint as the IT and communication minister in 2008.
Not much was known about the Thursday meeting between PAC members and the CBI director but sources said Singh shared some investigation inputs with the parliamentary panel.
The CBI has speeded up its investigation into what is regarded as one of the biggest scandals in India and is to file charges by March 31 in the Supreme Court which is monitoring the probe.
The PAC has so far had meetings with former telecom secretaries SS Behura and DS Mathur and former Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman Pradip Baijal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?