2G scam: CBI director appears before PAC
New Delhi: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director AP Singh on Thursday appeared before Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) in connection with the probe into the alleged financial irregularities of the 2G spectrum licence allocation.
The chief of India`s premier investigating agency met PAC chief Murli Manohar Joshi in the Parliament House.
PAC and the CBI are separately probing the money trail of the kickbacks allegedly paid by some telecom firms to get 2G spectrum licences at cheaper than market rates during DMK leader A Raja`s stint as the IT and communication minister in 2008.
Not much was known about the Thursday meeting between PAC members and the CBI director but sources said Singh shared some investigation inputs with the parliamentary panel.
The CBI has speeded up its investigation into what is regarded as one of the biggest scandals in India and is to file charges by March 31 in the Supreme Court which is monitoring the probe.
The PAC has so far had meetings with former telecom secretaries SS Behura and DS Mathur and former Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman Pradip Baijal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'