2G scam: CBI questions telecom honchos, Raja`s aides
New Delhi: Continuing its probe in the 2G
spectrum allocation scam, the CBI today questioned two top
telecom honchos besides close aides of former Telecom Minister
A Raja, including his brother Kaliaperumal.
The agency quizzed Chief Executive Officer of Loop
Telecom Sandip Basu and Chairman of Sistema Shyam Teleservices
Rajiv Mehrotra in connection with the scam, official sources
Basu, who arrived here early morning, was questioned in
detail about his company, investments, financial dealings and
relations with several big corporates of the country. He was
also confronted with several documents seized during searches
conducted by the CBI.
His company Loop had got licenses for 21 circles when
the spectrum was allocated during the first stint of jailed
former Telecom Minister Raja between September 2007-January
2008, they said.
Mehrotra, who came after Basu, was also confronted with
A joint venture between India`s Shyam group and Russian
giant Sistema, Sistema-Shyam is the only new telecom operator
which is offering CDMA based services across the country.
It is alleged that undue haste was shown in issuing in
principle approval for use of GSM technology to the company in
one circle, the sources said.
During the day, the CBI also questioned Kaliaperumal,
brother of A Raja.
The CBI officials questioned Raja`s close aide Sadiq
Batcha in connection with the finances relating to his firms
and his alleged proximity to the former telecom minister.
Batcha is the promoter of Green House Promoters, a
Chennai-based export house, which has come under the scanner
of the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate in the 2G spectrum
The probe agency had conducted searches at his official
premises late last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared