2G scam: CBI records statement of Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: The CBI has recorded the statement of senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh in connection with the agency`s probe in the allocation of spectrum between
2001 and 2007.
CBI sources said the agency completed recording of Dr Singh`s statement this week.
Dr Singh, the Finance Minister in the NDA regime, was heading the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue of limited mobility and unified licencing during the relevant period.
The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry to probe the role of former Telecom Ministers between 2001 and 2007. BJP`s Arun Shourie and late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan were telecom ministers between 2001 and 2003 and Dayanidhi Maran during UPA government.
The CBI has already recorded the statement of Shourie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress