2G scam: CBI records statement of Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: The CBI has recorded the statement of senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh in connection with the agency`s probe in the allocation of spectrum between
2001 and 2007.
CBI sources said the agency completed recording of Dr Singh`s statement this week.
Dr Singh, the Finance Minister in the NDA regime, was heading the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue of limited mobility and unified licencing during the relevant period.
The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry to probe the role of former Telecom Ministers between 2001 and 2007. BJP`s Arun Shourie and late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan were telecom ministers between 2001 and 2003 and Dayanidhi Maran during UPA government.
The CBI has already recorded the statement of Shourie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!