2G scam: CBI records statement of Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: The CBI has recorded the statement of senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh in connection with the agency`s probe in the allocation of spectrum between
2001 and 2007.
CBI sources said the agency completed recording of Dr Singh`s statement this week.
Dr Singh, the Finance Minister in the NDA regime, was heading the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue of limited mobility and unified licencing during the relevant period.
The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry to probe the role of former Telecom Ministers between 2001 and 2007. BJP`s Arun Shourie and late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan were telecom ministers between 2001 and 2003 and Dayanidhi Maran during UPA government.
The CBI has already recorded the statement of Shourie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday