2G scam: CBI records statement of Jaswant Singh
New Delhi: The CBI has recorded the statement of senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh in connection with the agency`s probe in the allocation of spectrum between
2001 and 2007.
CBI sources said the agency completed recording of Dr Singh`s statement this week.
Dr Singh, the Finance Minister in the NDA regime, was heading the Group of Ministers (GoM) on the issue of limited mobility and unified licencing during the relevant period.
The CBI has registered a preliminary enquiry to probe the role of former Telecom Ministers between 2001 and 2007. BJP`s Arun Shourie and late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan were telecom ministers between 2001 and 2003 and Dayanidhi Maran during UPA government.
The CBI has already recorded the statement of Shourie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley