2G Scam: CBI sends seized computers for forensic analysis

Last Updated: Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 19:20

New Delhi: The CBI is trying to decipher the
information stored in over a dozen computers seized from the
premises of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and former TRAI
chairman Pradip Baijal among others raided by the agency in
connection with the probe into 2G scam.

The probe agency has sent these computer systems and
laptops for a detailed analysis at the Forensic Sciences
Laboratory to retrieve the information stored in their hard
disc drives, official sources said today.

Sources said the forensic analysis besides focusing on
information available on the hard drive will use special tools
to retrieve any possible deleted information which might have
linkages to the scam.

Official sources said the computers were also seized from
the premises of alleged hawala operators Mahesh and Alok Jain
besides from the 17 companies raided by it yesterday. These
have been sent for forensic analysis to retrieve any possible
deleted information.

They said the agency was looking for specific information
about possible money laundering or anything to indicate any
payback.

Sources said the agency is also analysing thousands of
pages of documents seized and has specifically roped in
officers knowing Tamil language.

Any information regarding violation of country`s foreign
exchange laws and possible money laundering will be given to
Enforcement Directorate, sources said.

The CBI had raided premises of Green House Promoters Pvt
Ltd, Equaas Estates Pvt Ltd, Kadir Kamam Estates, Shivakaman
Estates, Kowai Shelters Promoters, AGM Investments and
finances, Wellcone Telecom, Sally Road Systems Pvt Ltd and
Genex Exim Ventures Pvt Ltd.

Besides, premises of J G group, Ayyapa Pvt Ltd and Sally
Thermoplastics were raided.

Yesterday`s raids were a follow-up of searches carried out
on December 8 at the residence of Raja and his four close
associates including his personal secretary R K Chandolia in
connection with the scam.

The CBI had on October 21 last year registered a case
against unknown officials of Department of Telecommunication
and unknown private persons or companies and others under
different Sections of IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act.

47-year-old Raja was forced to resign as minister on
November 14 in the wake of the CAG report that said rates at
which 2G spectrum was allotted resulted in a possible loss to
the exchequer to the tune of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.

PTI



First Published: Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 19:20

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus