2G scam: Court to resume hearing today
New Delhi: The hearing in the 2G spectrum scam, which was held up due to the summer break in the district courts here, is all set to resume on Monday.
The high-profile accused in the case, including former telecom minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi, Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa and 11 others, will appear before special CBI judge OP Saini, who is exclusively dealing with
the case after the Supreme Court`s directions.
The court had held the last hearing in the case on June 10.
Till now the scrutiny of documents was going on and now, the court would commence hearing arguments of the prosecution and defence counsel.
CBI has filed two chargesheets in the case indicting 17 accused, including 14 persons and three telecom companies.
The probe agency is likely to file its third chargesheet in the case by second week of July.
In the first chargesheet filed on April 2, CBI has named Raja, Balwa, former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura, Raja`s personal secretary RK Chandolia, Unitech MD Sanjay Chandra, DB Realty promoter Vinod Goenka and three Reliance
ADAG officials -- Hari Nair, Surrendra Pipara and Gautam Doshi.
They were arrested for offences, including cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH