2G scam: Court to resume hearing today
New Delhi: The hearing in the 2G spectrum scam, which was held up due to the summer break in the district courts here, is all set to resume on Monday.
The high-profile accused in the case, including former telecom minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi, Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa and 11 others, will appear before special CBI judge OP Saini, who is exclusively dealing with
the case after the Supreme Court`s directions.
The court had held the last hearing in the case on June 10.
Till now the scrutiny of documents was going on and now, the court would commence hearing arguments of the prosecution and defence counsel.
CBI has filed two chargesheets in the case indicting 17 accused, including 14 persons and three telecom companies.
The probe agency is likely to file its third chargesheet in the case by second week of July.
In the first chargesheet filed on April 2, CBI has named Raja, Balwa, former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura, Raja`s personal secretary RK Chandolia, Unitech MD Sanjay Chandra, DB Realty promoter Vinod Goenka and three Reliance
ADAG officials -- Hari Nair, Surrendra Pipara and Gautam Doshi.
They were arrested for offences, including cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far