2G scam: Dubai-based industrialist Khaitan grilled
New Delhi: With its sleuths already in
Mauritius for 2G spectrum scam probe, the CBI on Monday questioned
Dubai-based industrialist IP Khaitan for his alleged interests
in Loop Telecom, one of the beneficiaries of the allocations.
Khaitan, who arrived at the CBI headquarters in the
morning, was grilled by the sleuths for about eight hours in
connection with ownership patterns in Loop Telecom, agency
The agency is probing whether Loop Telecom was the front
for Essar group, which has family links with the Khaitans, in
getting the unified access licences for second generation
The sleuths are looking into the alleged link between
Essar and Santa Trading Private Limited, reportedly owned by
the Khaitans, which floated Loop Telecom and financial
exchanges that allegedly took place between the two companies,
A team of CBI officials has already reached Mauritius to
get details of companies linked to beneficiaries of spectrum
allocation which was allegedly done by flouting rules.
The agency has already dispatched a Letter Rogatory to
Mauritius seeking details of 12 companies which allegedly had
either invested in Swan Telecom, Loop Telecom, linked with
Reliance Telecom and Essar group.
The CBI is trying to get details of Delphi, Apex Fund
Services, Maavi Investment Fund, Palab Investments, Capital
Global, Black Lion, Inditel Holding, Etisalat, Deccan Asian
Infrastructure, Aid-tel Holding, Kaif Investment and Electro
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees