2G scam: ED to brief JPC on June 8
New Delhi: A team of Enforcement Directorate
officials led by its Director Arun Mathur will brief the Joint
Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam on June 8.
Mathur, along with other senior officials of the
Directorate, will brief the JPC about the entire probe that it
conducted under the provisions of foreign exchange and anti-
money laundering laws in the spectrum allocation scam which
included obtaining the share holding patters of various
telecom firms from foreign shores like Mauritius and UK.
The presentation by the ED, a day after CBI Director AP
Singh does the same, will also include the Directorate`s penal
action with regard to FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act)
regulations and subsequent attachment of properties under the
"proceeds of crime" in the scam.
According to sources, the team has also prepared details
about the statements recorded by them in the case, including
that of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
The ED has slapped various charges of FEMA violations to
the tune of over Rs 4,300 crore against top telecom firms
involved in the 2G spectrum scam including Swan, Loop and
Earlier today the Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod
Rai briefed the JPC and it came in for some tough questioning
on its presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer
in 2G spectrum allocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog