2G scam: ED to brief JPC on June 8
New Delhi: A team of Enforcement Directorate
officials led by its Director Arun Mathur will brief the Joint
Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam on June 8.
Mathur, along with other senior officials of the
Directorate, will brief the JPC about the entire probe that it
conducted under the provisions of foreign exchange and anti-
money laundering laws in the spectrum allocation scam which
included obtaining the share holding patters of various
telecom firms from foreign shores like Mauritius and UK.
The presentation by the ED, a day after CBI Director AP
Singh does the same, will also include the Directorate`s penal
action with regard to FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act)
regulations and subsequent attachment of properties under the
"proceeds of crime" in the scam.
According to sources, the team has also prepared details
about the statements recorded by them in the case, including
that of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
The ED has slapped various charges of FEMA violations to
the tune of over Rs 4,300 crore against top telecom firms
involved in the 2G spectrum scam including Swan, Loop and
Earlier today the Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod
Rai briefed the JPC and it came in for some tough questioning
on its presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer
in 2G spectrum allocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- I've not made many fashion faux pas: Arjun Kapoor
- Kangana Ranaut a true fashion chameleon: Tarun Tahiliani
- Delhi court acquits man; orders trial of two women for false rape charge
- Vyapam scam: SC bench to pass an order on clarification
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil Kumar Modi