2G scam: ED to brief JPC on June 8
New Delhi: A team of Enforcement Directorate
officials led by its Director Arun Mathur will brief the Joint
Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam on June 8.
Mathur, along with other senior officials of the
Directorate, will brief the JPC about the entire probe that it
conducted under the provisions of foreign exchange and anti-
money laundering laws in the spectrum allocation scam which
included obtaining the share holding patters of various
telecom firms from foreign shores like Mauritius and UK.
The presentation by the ED, a day after CBI Director AP
Singh does the same, will also include the Directorate`s penal
action with regard to FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act)
regulations and subsequent attachment of properties under the
"proceeds of crime" in the scam.
According to sources, the team has also prepared details
about the statements recorded by them in the case, including
that of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
The ED has slapped various charges of FEMA violations to
the tune of over Rs 4,300 crore against top telecom firms
involved in the 2G spectrum scam including Swan, Loop and
Earlier today the Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod
Rai briefed the JPC and it came in for some tough questioning
on its presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer
in 2G spectrum allocation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani