2G scam: ED to brief JPC on June 8
New Delhi: A team of Enforcement Directorate
officials led by its Director Arun Mathur will brief the Joint
Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G scam on June 8.
Mathur, along with other senior officials of the
Directorate, will brief the JPC about the entire probe that it
conducted under the provisions of foreign exchange and anti-
money laundering laws in the spectrum allocation scam which
included obtaining the share holding patters of various
telecom firms from foreign shores like Mauritius and UK.
The presentation by the ED, a day after CBI Director AP
Singh does the same, will also include the Directorate`s penal
action with regard to FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act)
regulations and subsequent attachment of properties under the
"proceeds of crime" in the scam.
According to sources, the team has also prepared details
about the statements recorded by them in the case, including
that of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia.
The ED has slapped various charges of FEMA violations to
the tune of over Rs 4,300 crore against top telecom firms
involved in the 2G spectrum scam including Swan, Loop and
Earlier today the Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod
Rai briefed the JPC and it came in for some tough questioning
on its presumptive loss of Rs 1.76 lakh crore to the exchequer
in 2G spectrum allocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?