2G scam: Five corporate executives move HC for bail
New Delhi: Hours after they were arrested
in 2G case and taken to Tihar Jail, five corporate executives,
named as accused by the CBI in the 2G scam, on Wednesday moved the
Delhi High Court, challenging the trial court`s refusal to
grant them bail.
The bail applications of Swan Telecom Director Vinod
Goenka, Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Ltd Managing Director
Sanjay Chandra, and three top officials of Reliance ADA Group
-- Gautam Doshi, Surendra Pipara and Hari Nair -- were
mentioned before a bench of justices Vikramajit Sen and
The bench decided to take up their appeal against the
grant of bail tomorrow. Senior advocates KTS Tulsi and NK
Kaul mentioned the bail applications on behalf of the five
Earlier, Special judge OP Saini rejected the bail
pleas of the five corporate honchos and directed that they be
sent to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption