2G scam: HC rejects bail plea of Kani, Sharad
New Delhi: Citing prima facie evidence, the Delhi High Court Wednesday rejected the bail pleas of DMK MP Kanimozhi and Kalaignar TV managing director Sharad Kumar, who are in jail in connection with the 2G spectrum scam.
The single judge bench of Justice Ajit Bharihoke said: "The petitioners are involved in corruption and gratification of Rs 200 crore to their Kalaignar TV. Therefore their bail is dismissed."
The court added: "There is sufficient prima facie evidence on record, therefore they can`t be granted bail."
Kanimozhi`s mother Rajathi Ammal and DMK MP TR Baalu were present in court. When the judge pronounced the order, Rajathi Ammal`s eyes turned teary.
Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, and Kumar have been in the Tihar Jail since May 20 when a special Central Bureau of Investigation court dismissed their bail pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre