2G scam: JPC to start quizzing telecom secretaries
New Delhi: The Joint Parliamentary
Committee (JPC) probing the 2G spectrum allocation scam will
start questioning from tomorrow former telecom secretaries
including Siddharth Behura who is currently lodged in Tihar
Jail, and ex-chiefs of TRAI.
Behura will be produced before the committee on July 12
after the special CBI court dealing with the 2G spectrum
allocation scam case agreed for the same.
He is in jail since February facing charges of
cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy in the 2G scam.
Besides former telecom secretaries, former chiefs of
TRAI will also appear before the committee to record their
Former secretaries A V Gokak, who was Telecom Secretary
between November 1996 and August 1998, Vinod Vaish, Shyamal
Ghosh, Anil Kumar, J S Sarma and Nripendra Mishra will be
examined on its sittings on July 7 and 8.
Dinesh Shankar Mathur and former Chief Vigilance
Commissioner P J Thomas who was also a telecom secretary
during Raja`s period, will appear before the committee on its
sitting on July 12 and 13, the source said.
The secretaries will be quizzed to know the policies
adopted during their tenure and other details including the
sources of policy recommendations.
Former TRAI chairmen whose statements will be recorded
include Nripendra Mishra, S S Sodhi, M S Verma and Pradip
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test