2G scam: Judicial custody of Raja, three others extended till April 2
New Delhi: The judicial custody of former
Telecom minister A Raja and three others, arrested for their
alleged role in the 2G spectrum scam, was on Thursday extended by a
Delhi court till April 2, when the agency plans to file its
first charge sheet in the case.
The order extending their remand was passed by Special
CBI Judge O P Saini after the accused were produced before the
court through video conferencing.
"All the accused are remanded to judicial custody till
April 2," the court said, extending their judicial remand.
The CBI, which was to file the charge sheet in the
case on March 31, had earlier sought a two-day extension from
the Supreme Court for finishing the task. The apex court had
allowed the CBI plea.
It had sought extension of the deadline for filing the
charge sheet saying that a detailed document running into over
80,000 pages along with various annexures was being prepared
by the agency.
The three others whose judicial custody was also
extended were former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura,
Raja`s former personal secretary R K Chandolia and Swan
telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa. The four are lodged in
in Tihar Jail here.
Raja was arrested by the CBI along with Behura and
Chandolia on February 2, while Balwa was arrested from Pune on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing