2G scam: Judicial custody of Raja, three others extended till April 2
New Delhi: The judicial custody of former
Telecom minister A Raja and three others, arrested for their
alleged role in the 2G spectrum scam, was on Thursday extended by a
Delhi court till April 2, when the agency plans to file its
first charge sheet in the case.
The order extending their remand was passed by Special
CBI Judge O P Saini after the accused were produced before the
court through video conferencing.
"All the accused are remanded to judicial custody till
April 2," the court said, extending their judicial remand.
The CBI, which was to file the charge sheet in the
case on March 31, had earlier sought a two-day extension from
the Supreme Court for finishing the task. The apex court had
allowed the CBI plea.
It had sought extension of the deadline for filing the
charge sheet saying that a detailed document running into over
80,000 pages along with various annexures was being prepared
by the agency.
The three others whose judicial custody was also
extended were former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura,
Raja`s former personal secretary R K Chandolia and Swan
telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa. The four are lodged in
in Tihar Jail here.
Raja was arrested by the CBI along with Behura and
Chandolia on February 2, while Balwa was arrested from Pune on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly