2G scam: Kanimozhi, 3 others move HC for bail
New Delhi: DMK MP Kanimozhi and three others accused in the 2G case Saturday moved Delhi High Court seeking bail, two days after a CBI special court turned down their plea.
Kanimozhi, who is in jail since May, along with Kalaignar TV chief Sharad Kumar, directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd Asif Balwa and Rajiv B Agarwal approached the high court for bail.
The CBI Special Court Thursday denied bail to Kanimozhi and seven others, saying the court will begin trial in the 2G scam from Nov 11.
Others whose bail applications were dismissed included Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, former communications minister A. Raja`s then private secretary RK Chandolia, Bollywood producer Karim Morani, and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura.
Kanimozhi has been denied bail four times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact