2G scam: Kanimozhi in Delhi, to depose before CBI court
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi’s daughter Kanimozhi reached the national capital on Thursday after she was summoned by a CBI court to appear before it on May 6 in connection with the 2G spectrum scam case.
The Rajya Sabha MP, who has been named as co-conspirator in CBI`s second charge sheet in the scam, has also been asked by the Enforcement Directorate to appear before it under Prevention of Money Laundering Act.
She was accompanied by husband Aravindan and DMK MP TKS Elangovan among others, reports claimed.
In its supplementary charge sheet filed in a CBI court on April 25, CBI had accused Kanimozhi of entering into a criminal conspiracy with former telecom minister A Raja, the key accused in the 2G scam case.
She has also been charged under Prevention of Corruption Act for taking illegal gratification through Kalaignar TV -- a channel run by the ruling DMK in Tamil Nadu -- in which the money related to the 2G scam was routed.
CBI has mentioned Dayaluammal, Karunanidhi`s first wife, as one of the witnesses in the case.
Dayaluammal and Kanimozhi have 60 per cent and 20 per cent shares respectively in Kalaignar TV.
Rajathi Ammal, the second wife of the chief minister, also left for the national capital accompanied by state IT Minister Poongothai, as per reports.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof