2G scam: Kanimozhi likely to be questioned by CBI
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is expected to call DMK MP and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi for questioning in connection with the 2G spectrum scam.
Agency sources said the questioning may take place before the CBI files the chargesheet in the case on Mar 31.
Kanimozhi holds 20% stakes in Kalaignar TV, where a company linked to one of the accused in the scam Shahid Balwa, had invested.
She was in the news over conversations with corporate lobbyist Niira Radia as revealed by the leaked telephone calls tapped by the income tax department.
Meanwhile, CBI Director A.P. Singh met Public Accounts
Committee Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi today in connection
with the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Singh had appeared before the PAC last month and told the
members it was wrong to say that there was "zero loss" to the
national exchequer as a result of the 2G spectrum allocations.
The probe agency had assured the Supreme court that it
will file the first chargesheet about its investigation into
the scam that took place during the regime of A Raja by March
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III