2G scam: Karunanidhi should be made co-accused, says Swamy
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian
Swamy on Monday told a CBI court dealing with the 2G spectrum
case involving former telecom minister A Raja that Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi should be made an accused in
Swamy also told Special CBI Judge OP Saini that
he has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
seeking sanction for prosecution of Home Minister P
Chidambaram in the case.
"Karunanidhi should be made an additional accused in
the 2G scam. I had also written a letter to the Prime Minister
seeking sanction to prosecute Home Minister P Chidambaram due
to his complicity in this matter," Swamy told the court.
Appearing before the special court, Swamy added that
he should be appointed as a deemed public prosecutor in the
"I should be appointed as a deemed public prosecutor
in the case as this matter has to be argued," he said.
The court, however, asked Swamy to wait for the
chargesheet, scheduled to be filed by the CBI by March 31,
before taking up his submissions.
"Let us wait for the final report (CBI`s chargesheet)
in the matter," the court said while posting the matter for
Swamy`s private complaint in the 2G scam was earlier
transferred to the special court constituted by the Supreme
Court to deal with all cases related to the scam.
District Judge Pratibha Rani had asked Swamy to appear
before Special CBI Judge Saini.
The Janata Party leader, who had sought a probe into
scam, had also raised concern about the possible threat to
national security arising out of allocation of spectrum to
companies which had sold off their major shares to foreign
Swamy had also sought the court`s direction to appoint
him as a public prosecutor to help the agency probe the case.
The CBI had told the court that it had been probing
the 2G scam within the confines of the first information
report registered by it.
Swamy, in his petition filed before the court, had
said Swan Telecom and Unitech Wireless, which were allotted
licences, had sold their major shares to two foreign firms
Etisalat DB and Telenor, which is "a major threat" to national
"The first two licensees, Swan Telecom and Unitech
Wireless, soon after the allocation of spectrum to them sold
their controlling shares respectively to Etisalat DB and
Telenor. The national security risk from these companies are
highlighted by the Union Home Ministry as their connections go
right into Pakistan," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow