2G scam money trail covers 10 countries
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate, in its report on 2G Spectrum allocation scam submitted to the Supreme Court, is understood to have said that the case has international ramifications as the money trail covers ten countries, including Mauritius.
Pointing out that enlisting the cooperation of governments of the ten countries was necessary to trace the money trail, the ED report said it would move a competent court for issuance of Letters Rogatory for the purpose, sources said.
The report said the investigation into the scam in the country would be completed by March next year while some more time is required to wrap up the probe in foreign countries, according to the sources.
The report said the ED has recorded the statement of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia in connection with the scam and it is carefully examining the same.
Earlier in the day, the ED submitted its report on its probe into the scam to the apex court in a sealed cover.
Submitting its report to the court, Additional Solicitor General Haren Rawal told the bench that it contains details of the investigation since March 9, 2010 in the case that was registered under Prevention of Money Laundering Act and Foreign Exchange Management Act.
He said the probe was carried out on the basis of the case related to the scam, registered by CBI on October 21, 2009.
The report details the investigation carried out till November 29, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav