2G scam money trail covers 10 countries
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate, in its report on 2G Spectrum allocation scam submitted to the Supreme Court, is understood to have said that the case has international ramifications as the money trail covers ten countries, including Mauritius.
Pointing out that enlisting the cooperation of governments of the ten countries was necessary to trace the money trail, the ED report said it would move a competent court for issuance of Letters Rogatory for the purpose, sources said.
The report said the investigation into the scam in the country would be completed by March next year while some more time is required to wrap up the probe in foreign countries, according to the sources.
The report said the ED has recorded the statement of corporate lobbyist Niira Radia in connection with the scam and it is carefully examining the same.
Earlier in the day, the ED submitted its report on its probe into the scam to the apex court in a sealed cover.
Submitting its report to the court, Additional Solicitor General Haren Rawal told the bench that it contains details of the investigation since March 9, 2010 in the case that was registered under Prevention of Money Laundering Act and Foreign Exchange Management Act.
He said the probe was carried out on the basis of the case related to the scam, registered by CBI on October 21, 2009.
The report details the investigation carried out till November 29, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city